Approximately 30 minutes into the party at a church-owned hall, a fire ignited in the vicinity where a music band was performing.
The band found themselves performing on a stage adorned with highly flammable decorations, causing the fire to rapidly engulf the area.
As I sat there enjoying my meal, my gaze shifted towards the stage. To my surprise, a small fire had ignited. Alarmed, I immediately turned to alert others about the danger. However, when I glanced back towards the stage, my heart sank as I witnessed the fire rapidly growing in size. Panic ensued, and we swiftly made our way towards the exit. With every step we took, the thick billows of black smoke engulfed the entire hall, accompanied by the acrid stench of burning. Son, one of the guests, vividly recounted the harrowing experience.
Ngo Duc Thang, the groom, expressed that there was widespread fear and many people were in tears. Fortunately, there were no injuries, which was a stroke of luck.
400 flee as wedding hall catches fire in southern Vietnam
On October 22, 2023, a distressing incident unfolded as a wedding hall in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province became consumed by flames. Startled guests frantically fled the premises, desperate to escape the raging inferno. A harrowing video captured the scene, courtesy of VnExpress's Nguyen Khoa and Tuan Viet.
In just half an hour, a total of four fire trucks swiftly arrived at the scene and efficiently extinguished the raging blaze.
Nguyen Duc Vu, the chairman of Xuan Son Commune in Chau Duc District, highlighted that due to the spaciousness and open entrances of the hall, residents were able to evacuate swiftly.
The authorities have reason to believe that the fire may have been triggered by an electrical short circuit.
The monetary loss is approximated to be VND1 billion, equivalent to US$40,850.